-   -   distributing xl with vba code - how to know what's needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310907-distributing-xl-vba-code-how-know-whats-needed.html)

Tim[_39_]

distributing xl with vba code - how to know what's needed

Hi, this is a two part question and i hope they both make sense. its
related to having to distribute a workbook containing VBA to other users
(and trying to reduce the headache of missing add-ins / references): -

1) does a utility exist (or can it be easily written and if so how?) to list
what add-ins / active X controls etc have been used / referenced in a
workbook containing VBA code and which are present on the development
machine? Also I would like this to compare the list to that of the
standard/recommended installation for MS Office (I'm using XP pro & xl2002,
but i would like it to take account of other versions if possible)

2) can something similar be run on the machine it's transferred to to list
the present and missing components for said workbook?

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but it seems like the sort of utility
which might exist somewhere (preferably free!)

Thanks,

Tim