-   -   AutoFill of empty cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310885-re-autofill-empty-cells.html)

Tom Ogilvy

AutoFill of empty cells

Select Columns A:C
do Edit=goto=special and select blanks.

Assume C2 will be the activecell in the select. In the formula bar put in
=C1 then do Ctrl+Enter to fill all the blank cells with this relative
formula.

The should then appear as you show. To convert to hard coded values, Select
A:C, do Edit=Copy, then Edit=Paste special and select values.

The key is to make the formula point to the cell above the activecell.

Tom Ogilvy

"Marc" wrote in message
Dear community,

I have the following problem that I would like to solve with a macro type
solution. I do export data from an application into an Excel spreadsheet.
Unfortunately, the export is done in a way that not each row contains data

in
every cell (NULL values). What I need is an AutoFill functionality that

looks
up the first entry in a data array and copy this to the other cells. Here

is
an example:

Row 1: A 100 John Doe 1500.00
Row 2: 700.00
Row 3: B 110 Jane Doe 600.00
Row 4: 300.00
Row 5: 500.00
Row 6: C 120 Jimmy Lee 400.00

Now, row 2 should look like this and Row 4 and 5 accordingly:
Row 2: A 100 John Doe 700.00
Row 4: B 110 Jane Doe 300.00
Row 5: B 110 Jane Doe 500.00

Any help is very much appreciated!
Marc

Marc

AutoFill of empty cells

Thanks Tom, this is really cool!

Regards,
Marc

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Select Columns A:C
do Edit=goto=special and select blanks.

Assume C2 will be the activecell in the select. In the formula bar put in
=C1 then do Ctrl+Enter to fill all the blank cells with this relative
formula.

The should then appear as you show. To convert to hard coded values, Select
A:C, do Edit=Copy, then Edit=Paste special and select values.

"Marc" wrote in message
[...]

Victor

AutoFill of empty cells

thank you mark, you saved my whole afternoon

victor

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Select Columns A:C
do Edit=goto=special and select blanks.

Assume C2 will be the activecell in the select. In the formula bar put in
=C1 then do Ctrl+Enter to fill all the blank cells with this relative
formula.

The should then appear as you show. To convert to hard coded values, Select
A:C, do Edit=Copy, then Edit=Paste special and select values.