-   -   make addin portable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310596-re-make-addin-portable.html)

Frank Kabel

make addin portable

Hi
NEVER try to use an Excel sheet directly from a floppy. This could lead
to corrupted files!

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Kanan wrote:
Hi,
I have an add-in issue. I have this workbook(bookA) which uses add-in
from a network drive. I want the user to be able to copy this bookA
to a floppy so that
they can use it when they travel. But the add-in is in a network
drive. But they are
not able to use bookA even if they copy the add-in book in the same
floppy. Can anybody explain and suggest a solution? I don't want to
teach them or want them to
be able to point the add-in the floppy. Is there an automatic way to
do this?

thanks
Kanan

Kanan

make addin portable

Frank,
Is there any alternate idea for making a workbook portable which uses an
add-in
from a network-path?
kanan

Kanan wrote:
Hi,
I have an add-in issue. I have this workbook(bookA) which uses add-in
from a network drive. I want the user to be able to copy this bookA
to a floppy so that
they can use it when they travel. But the add-in is in a network
drive. But they are
not able to use bookA even if they copy the add-in book in the same
floppy. Can anybody explain and suggest a solution? I don't want to
teach them or want them to
be able to point the add-in the floppy. Is there an automatic way to
do this?

thanks
Kanan

Frank Kabel

make addin portable

Hi
not really. You have to install the addin on your network PC as well as
the laptop you're using.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel