-   -   Slow Printing using VBA after changing to WinXP/Excel2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310557-slow-printing-using-vba-after-changing-winxp-excel2003.html)

PaulC

Slow Printing using VBA after changing to WinXP/Excel2003

Up until now I have been using Windows NT4 & Excel97. I have a workboo
with various macros to print out different reports from selected range
on spreadsheets using for example:

Range("B2:X26").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

This works fine and takes about 3 seconds before the Printer (H
Laserjet 1100) is activated.

We are changing to XP Prof and Excel2003. I have tried the same macro
with XP/2003 and there is now a 40+ second delay after eac
Selection.PrintOut line.

Does anyone have any idea why this should be, and any suggestions fo
fixing it.

Many thanks in advance,

Pau

--
Paul
PaulC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=756

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Slow Printing using VBA after changing to WinXP/Excel2003

Just a guess--maybe it's time to get a new driver from HP's web site.

(Maybe there's a difference between the NT driver and XP driver.)

PaulC wrote:

Up until now I have been using Windows NT4 & Excel97. I have a workbook
with various macros to print out different reports from selected ranges
on spreadsheets using for example:

Range("B2:X26").Select
Selection.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True

This works fine and takes about 3 seconds before the Printer (HP
Laserjet 1100) is activated.

We are changing to XP Prof and Excel2003. I have tried the same macros
with XP/2003 and there is now a 40+ second delay after each
Selection.PrintOut line.

Does anyone have any idea why this should be, and any suggestions for
fixing it.

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

--