-   -   can I send authentication data i.e. username & pword from an exce. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310526-can-i-send-authentication-data-i-e-username-pword-exce.html)

moffett

can I send authentication data i.e. username & pword from an exce.

I'd like to link to a URL from an excel worksheet that contains a hyperlink
for the URL but there is a username & password prompt before allowing iex to
access the site. I want to store the username & password withing the excel
sheet with the hyperlink to gain direct access without typing the name &
password. I assume I may be able to do this using an excel/VB macro. Can I &
if so can anyone give me a clue how ?

Dave Peterson[_3_]

can I send authentication data i.e. username & pword from an exce.

I've read posts that say that something like this works:

Maybe you could see if it works for you.

--

Dave Peterson