-   -   Disable Edit Query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310524-disable-edit-query.html)

Peter Sze[_2_]

Disable Edit Query

I am using VB.NET to generate Pivot Table to user. However, I don't want let
them read the SQL Query and Connection String using the Edit Query in Excel.
Therefore, how can I disable this Edit Query Function or clear all
information. Also, can I disable the Refresh buitton too?

Please help.

Jamie Collins

Disable Edit Query

Peter Sze wrote ...

I am using VB.NET to generate Pivot Table to user.

What is the significance of using VB.NET?

Jamie.

--

Peter Sze[_2_]

Disable Edit Query

What you means?

"Jamie Collins" wrote:

Peter Sze wrote ...

I am using VB.NET to generate Pivot Table to user.

What is the significance of using VB.NET?

Jamie.

--

Jamie Collins

Disable Edit Query

Peter Sze wrote ...

I am using VB.NET to generate Pivot Table to user.

What is the significance of using VB.NET?

What you means?

I mean, is there a particular reason for mentioning that you are using
VB.NET? You could've said, 'I am generating a Pivot Table using code'
and I would've assumed you were using VBA but that would have no
significance. The fact you mentioned VB.NET makes me wonder if it has
implications to the way you are doing things. For example, if you are
using Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) then I'd attach no
significance.

Jamie.