-   -   moving excel objects pasted as an image in Powerpoint (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310519-moving-excel-objects-pasted-image-powerpoint.html)

Iker

moving excel objects pasted as an image in Powerpoint

I have copied some parts of an excel table and paste them
in powerpoint as an image. This is the code:
******************
Range("C10").Select
Selection.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, _
Format:=xlPicture
PPSlide.Shapes.Paste
(where PPSlide is the selected slide in the Powerpoint
presentation)
*****************
Now, my question is:
How can I move the pasted object to the right position in
the Powerpoint Slide?
I am running the macro from Excel. Office200.

Thanks!

Jon Peltier[_8_]

moving excel objects pasted as an image in Powerpoint

One way:

' Paste chart
PPSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select

' Align pasted chart
PPApp.ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.Align msoAlignCenters, True
PPApp.ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange.Align msoAlignMiddles, True

Another way:

' Paste chart
PPSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select

Set pptChartShape = opptapp.ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange(1)
With pptChartShape
.ScaleWidth myScale, msoTrue, msoScaleFromMiddle
.ScaleHeight myScale, msoTrue, msoScaleFromMiddle
End With

The hard part is knowing how to refer to the pasted chart picture. Once you know that, you can
substitute positioning and resizing (.Left, .Top, .Width, .Height) for the .Align and .Scale
properties in my examples.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP