-   -   vba just seems to stop running when I open a file... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310494-vba-just-seems-stop-running-when-i-open-file.html)

Bobby Goldstein

vba just seems to stop running when I open a file...

I've run across this several times on a couple different
computers, runing Excel 2002 and 2003.

I try to execute a VBA macro that contains:

Workbooks.Open Filename:= [path], _
updatelinks:=0

The new workbook opens fine, but the code just stops
executing. No error messages or anything, the macro's
just suddenly done.

Any suggestions?

Tom Ogilvy

vba just seems to stop running when I open a file...

If your macro was started with a shortcut key combination that includes
shift, then use one that does not include shift.

Tom Ogilvy