-   -   search a column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310487-search-column.html)

DKY[_3_]

search a column

Thanks for the advice. It seems VLOOKUP might be exactly what I'
looking for. I've been going through the help file and I can't seem t
get this vlookup to work the way i want it to though. Here's what I'
doing. I put a code like this

=VLOOKUP(A1,A1:E16,5,FALSE) into cell B1 and for
B2 =VLOOKUP(A2,A1:E16,5,FALSE) and
B3 =VLOOKUP(A3,A1:E16,5,FALSE).

I thought it was right until I noticed its not giving me the answer I'
looking for. Its giving me the answer for the 5th column in whateve
row its in. I can't figure out why its not looking for the number an
giving me that answer. Please Help

--
DK
DKY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1451