-   -   Counting cells in a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310357-re-counting-cells-macro.html)

Chip Pearson

Counting cells in a macro

Call the COUNTA worksheet function.

sectornum = Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Selection)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Tony" wrote in message
If I have a group of cells selected and all I want to know is
the number of
cells that actually have data in them. How would I count them
and set that to
a variable? My worksheet has been filtered for non-blanks on
this column, so
when I use the following lines

Range("d1").Select
sectornum = Selection.Count

it selects all the cells down to the last one that has data in
it, but then
it returns the total number of cells selected. All I want to
know is how many
cells in this column have data in them, not a count that
includes the blank
ones. Thanks for the help!

tony

Counting cells in a macro

Thank you Chip that worked great...having issues with the site updating so
again i am sorry for the double post.