-   -   Return text in textButton from cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310332-return-text-textbutton-cell.html)

Jonsson

Return text in textButton from cell

Hi all,

I need to change the text in textButton by doing the following:
When I write for instance"2" in cell A2 I want the "2" value to be displayed
as text in the textButton

I got this code from "papou" just a while a go, but I need to modify it so
it works in a textbutton instead(the one you get from "Format" toolbar).
I have tried to record the event but I failed it.

A little twist: I have 30 buttons I want to be able to do this
on...............

Thanks in advance!

//Thomas

If Target.Address = "$A$15" And Target.Value < "" Then
Me.CommandButton1.Caption = Target.Value

Tom Ogilvy

Return text in textButton from cell

If Target.Address = "$A$2" And Target.Value < "" Then
Me.Buttons("Button1").Caption = Target.Value

Change Button1 to the name of your button from the Forms toolbar.

Now you say you have 30 buttons. Assume the buttons are in column B
starting in Row2 and lined up with the cells where the values will be place
(A2 to A31

Dim btn as Button
if Target.Count 1 then exit sub
If not Intersect(Target.Address,Range("A2:A31)) is Nothing _
And Target.Value < "" Then
for each btn in me.Buttons
if not intersect(btn.TopLeftCell.offset(0,-1),Target) is nothing Then
btn.Caption = Target
exit for
end if
Next
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"Jonsson" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to change the text in textButton by doing the following:
When I write for instance"2" in cell A2 I want the "2" value to be

displayed
as text in the textButton

I got this code from "papou" just a while a go, but I need to modify it so
it works in a textbutton instead(the one you get from "Format" toolbar).
I have tried to record the event but I failed it.

A little twist: I have 30 buttons I want to be able to do this
on...............

Thanks in advance!

//Thomas

If Target.Address = "$A$15" And Target.Value < "" Then
Me.CommandButton1.Caption = Target.Value

Jonsson

Return text in textButton from cell

Hi Tom!
Thanks for answering.
Am I supposed to place your code into the worksheets modul , and change it
to the buttons actual name?

If so, I get a dialogbox poppin up asking for macros when I try to run it.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here.................

//Thomas

"Jonsson" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to change the text in textButton by doing the following:
When I write for instance"2" in cell A2 I want the "2" value to be

displayed
as text in the textButton

I got this code from "papou" just a while a go, but I need to modify it

so
it works in a textbutton instead(the one you get from "Format" toolbar).
I have tried to record the event but I failed it.

A little twist: I have 30 buttons I want to be able to do this
on...............

Thanks in advance!

//Thomas

If Target.Address = "$A$15" And Target.Value < "" Then
Me.CommandButton1.Caption = Target.Value

Jonsson

Return text in textButton from cell

Hi again, Tom!

Sorry for being a jerk, I wasn't doing the right thing. Apolygize for that.
Your code works great!
Now, when pasting your code for 30 buttons, I get an error in line:
If not Intersect(Target.Address,Range("A2:A31)) is Nothing _
And Target.Value < "" Then

I have tried to change it into 1 line but no result.
Maybe the problem is the language, I use Swedish version.

//Thomas

"Jonsson" wrote in message
Hi all,

I need to change the text in textButton by doing the following:
When I write for instance"2" in cell A2 I want the "2" value to be

displayed
as text in the textButton

I got this code from "papou" just a while a go, but I need to modify

it
so
it works in a textbutton instead(the one you get from "Format"

toolbar).
I have tried to record the event but I failed it.

A little twist: I have 30 buttons I want to be able to do this
on...............

Thanks in advance!

//Thomas

If Target.Address = "$A$15" And Target.Value < "" Then
Me.CommandButton1.Caption = Target.Value

Tom Ogilvy

Return text in textButton from cell

That was a typo on my part (two actually) ( I guess I should write my code
from scratch rather than editing existing code in an email).

Dim btn As Button
If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A2:A31")) Is Nothing _
And Target.Value < "" Then
For Each btn In Me.Buttons
If Not Intersect(btn.TopLeftCell.Offset(0, -1), Target) Is Nothing Then
btn.Caption = Target
Exit For
End If
Next

I tested the above in the code module of the sheet containing the buttons
and it worked for me.

Tom Ogilvy