-   -   Using the addin solver inside a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/310292-using-addin-solver-inside-macro.html)

TerryM

Using the addin solver inside a macro

When I record a macro that invokes the addin function solver and then
run the macro I get the following error, "Sub or Function not
defined". I know the solver works because I can run it manually.
Help. Can the solver be run inside a macro?

TerryM

Tom Ogilvy

Using the addin solver inside a macro

You need to set a reference to solver in Tools=References in the VBE.

Here is an article to look at:

http://support.microsoft.com/support...ver/solver.asp
Creating Visual Basic Macros that Use Microsoft Excel Solver

if you want to set the reference with code, here is some code posted by Dana
DeLouise

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...gp13 .phx.gbl

Sub SolverInstall()
'// Dana DeLouis
Dim wb As Workbook

On Error Resume Next
' Set a Reference to the workbook that will hold Solver
Set wb = ActiveWorkbook

With wb.VBProject.References
.Remove .Item("SOLVER")
End With

With AddIns("Solver Add-In")
.Installed = False
.Installed = True
wb.VBProject.References.AddFromFile .FullName
End With
End Sub

This line adds the reference:
wb.VBProject.References.AddFromFile .FullName

The other parts make sure it is loaded as an addin.
Tom Ogilvy

om...