-   -   Auto Recovery? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309952-re-auto-recovery.html)

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Auto Recovery?

For the next time, get a copy of Jan Karel Pieterse's addin called AutoSafe
(note spelling).

It saves to a user selectable folder. And when it's done, it either deletes
these backups (or puts them in the recycle bin). And you can always restore the
backups from the recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

CCE-Chippy wrote:

I accidentally closed all of my open files when I only meant to close one.
Naturally, one of the spreadsheets that closed had not been saved in a while.
I have Auto Recover set for every 10 minutes - but I can't find the last
recovery file. Will Auto Recovery not help with an accidental closing? Is
there anything I can do to retrieve the pre-saved document or do I have to
start from scratch? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

--

Dave Peterson