-   -   Drop list in cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309848-drop-list-cell.html)

myBasic[_2_]

Drop list in cell

Hi Everybody,

Would you tell me if there's any functions in Excel 2000 to make a drop list
in a cell, for preventing users from any typing errors.

Let's say they have to key in data in colume 'DEPARTMENT', so should confine
them to 'Marketing','Porduction','Accounting','Administrat ion', etc. Thought
that dropdown list to select items would be tbe better choice.

Thanks & regards!

Frank Kabel

Drop list in cell

Hi
see:

Would you tell me if there's any functions in Excel 2000

to make a drop list
in a cell, for preventing users from any typing errors.

Let's say they have to key in data in

colume 'DEPARTMENT', so should confine
them

to 'Marketing','Porduction','Accounting','Administrat ion',
etc. Thought
that dropdown list to select items would be tbe better

choice.

Thanks & regards!
.

myBasic[_2_]

Drop list in cell

Hi Frank,

Thank you very much for your response. I found your examples works fine, but
some problems,

I know the example of looking up a whole row :
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A),1), right.

-- But, how about looking up a whole column, just like:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet1!$1:$1))

it failed!!! Kindly tells the fact.

Thanks & regards!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi