-   -   I donīt want to let them run in a Mac (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309839-i-don%B4t-want-let-them-run-mac.html)

jose luis

I donīt want to let them run in a Mac

Hello,

Iīm trying to prevent a file to run in a Mac system (OS 9 , OS X)
Could you give a hint on how to detect this situation to impede th
user to run the app?

thanks in advance,

Regards
Jose Lui

Harlan Grove

I donīt want to let them run in a Mac

"jose luis " wrote...
Iīm trying to prevent a file to run in a Mac system (OS 9 , OS X)
Could you give a hint on how to detect this situation to impede the
user to run the app?

You could use Application.OperatingSystem in a Workbook_Open event handler,
but it wouldn't work if users disable macros. Unless your workbook mainly
runs macros, there's no way to prevent it from running on Macs.

jose luis

I donīt want to let them run in a Mac

Thanks Harlan , I appreciate the tip. I wil do that since my applicatio
needs the macros to run at 100%.

Regards

Jose Lui