Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sizing a window to fit a range

Help!

I'm trying to size a window to fit to the width of a selected range.
You'd think it'd be possible just to set
Window(1).Width=Range("X").Columns.Width, plus or minus some
UsableWidth adjustments, or something. But there seem to be some
differences between the Window widths, the Application widths, and the
range width that I haven't been able to reconcile.

Can anybody point me to something explaining the differences among the
different Width and UsableWidth properties for Range, Window, and
Application? For example, which include the row/column headers,
window borders, scroll bars, etc.? Which are affected by font size?
Zoom level? There must be a decent source for this.

Even better, does anyone have a good, solid routine for sizing a
window to the width of a range, given an arbitrary, fixed Zoom level,
independent of screen resolution?

Thanks once again,
-Gary Wolf