-   -   inserting a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309658-inserting-row.html)

bforster1[_12_]

inserting a row

I would like to have the user be able to insert a row depending on ho
many revenue categories there are for a particular company

Revenue
Revenue #1
Revenue #2
Total Revenue (sum Rev1 & Rev2)

If there were three Revenue sources I would like to have a button tha
would allow "Revenue #3" to be inserted and the "sum" formula change a
well.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Bob Umlas[_6_]

inserting a row

Instead of this sum formula:
=SUM(A1:A2). use
=SUM(A1:INDEX(A:A,ROW()-1))
then, when the user inserts a row it won't matter, because the formula
refers to THE ROW ABOVE IT.

"bforster1 " wrote:

I would like to have the user be able to insert a row depending on how
many revenue categories there are for a particular company

Revenue
Revenue #1
Revenue #2
Total Revenue (sum Rev1 & Rev2)

If there were three Revenue sources I would like to have a button that
would allow "Revenue #3" to be inserted and the "sum" formula change as
well.

Any suggestions??

Thanks.

---