-   -   Protect A Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309615-protect-pivot-table.html)

Celtic_Avenger[_6_]

Protect A Pivot Table

I'm back with another query!

I need to protect a pivot table so that users cannot alter any detail
on the page, but also allow the table to refresh using VBA activate
buttons.

I could use the protect command in the macro of the button that take
the user to the table, and then unprotect when they leave to allo
future refreshes, But.....

IS THERE A SIMPLER METHOD

Tom Ogilvy

Protect A Pivot Table

Refreshing a pivot table, for the most part, is an overt act. What causes
the table to refresh? If you are using code to do it, why not just
unprotect the sheet, refresh the table, protect the sheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"Celtic_Avenger " wrote in
message ...
I'm back with another query!

I need to protect a pivot table so that users cannot alter any details
on the page, but also allow the table to refresh using VBA activated
buttons.

I could use the protect command in the macro of the button that takes
the user to the table, and then unprotect when they leave to allow
future refreshes, But.....

IS THERE A SIMPLER METHOD?

---