-   -   Calculations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309384-calculations.html)

CJ[_3_]

Calculations

If I enter this into a cell:

=COUNTIF(E5:K5,"P")

If there is a P then it counts the cell. So if all of the
cells, E5-K5 have a P then the total will be 7.

I want it to look for P, T, or L. How can I get one cell
to search for all 3 of those?

I've tried many things and I am all tried out. Any help
would be great. Thanks.

CJ

Frank Kabel

Calculations

Hi
try:
=SUM(COUNTIF(E5:K5,{"P","T","L"}))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

CJ wrote:
If I enter this into a cell:

=COUNTIF(E5:K5,"P")

If there is a P then it counts the cell. So if all of the
cells, E5-K5 have a P then the total will be 7.

I want it to look for P, T, or L. How can I get one cell
to search for all 3 of those?

I've tried many things and I am all tried out. Any help
would be great. Thanks.

CJ

CJ[_3_]

Calculations