-   -   Task Scheduler (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309371-task-scheduler.html)

Randy[_15_]

Task Scheduler

Still having a problem running an Excel Spreadsheet with task
scheduler, after scheduling excel to open the status of the task is
"could not start", when checking with help it tells me - - If you
cannot run any scheduled tasks on your computer, see your system
administrator to make sure that the Task Scheduler service is turned
on. I checked with my system administrator and he does not know where
to turn this service on. I went to Control Panel - Administrative
Tools - Services - and it shows Task Scheduler running, but everytime
I try to schedule a task I get "could not start"

Thanks in advance for Your Help

Randy

Jim Cone

Task Scheduler

Randy,
Windows XP requires a User account password be assigned
before it will run Scheduled Tasks.
Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA