-   -   Macro Distribution, updating, run upon entry (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309341-macro-distribution-updating-run-upon-entry.html)

Michael Smith

Macro Distribution, updating, run upon entry

I know there's alot to this question...but what I need to do is....
1)Get my sub out to 1000 non-technical excel users, all with different
versions of excel.
2)Have them be able to install it easily since most of them can't double
click without assistance from their IT dept.
3)Have the macro run upon every entry to excel.

Hopefully this is simple, I fear not.

Thanks in advance.
-Mike

Iain King

"Michael Smith" wrote in message
I know there's alot to this question...but what I need to do is....
1)Get my sub out to 1000 non-technical excel users, all with different
versions of excel.
2)Have them be able to install it easily since most of them can't double
click without assistance from their IT dept.
3)Have the macro run upon every entry to excel.

Hopefully this is simple, I fear not.

Thanks in advance.
-Mike

Hmmm.... quite tricky. Probably the best way to find answers would be to
look on the web for the code for a macro virus. It would do all of what you
require.

Iain King

Paul Lautman

Macro Distribution, updating, run upon entry

Package it up as an addin using something like innosetup.

There is an example on their forums about how to install Excel addins.