-   -   seggregation of rows based on values in column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309323-seggregation-rows-based-values-column.html)

monica

seggregation of rows based on values in column

hi .

i need an idea to go about with this kind of a requirement:

i have to create a macro whereby my input file has a
sheet "X", which has a column customer_info. this sheet
has around 20000 lines. I have divide this sheet into 5
other sheets based on the value in the
column 'customer_info'.

Now the column has around 20 differnet values in the 20000
rows. I have to segrigate sheets based on values like:

A0DAUA (all rows with this values say 5000 rows will be
copied and pasted in sheet "A")
GGG0DAUA (all rows with this values say 5000 rows will be
copied and pasted in sheet "B")
XXXD098 (all rows with this values say 5000 rows will be
copied and pasted in sheet "C")
DGHJSLK (all rows with this values say 1000 rows will be
copied and pasted in sheet "D")

and all the remaining values (4000 rows) in one sheet "E"

What should the approach I should follow...how can i trap
all those with value A0DAUA or GGG0DAUA or XXXD098 ....
and seggregate them...

i hope i am clear...

pls suggest.

thanks in advance...

monica

Jim May

seggregation of rows based on values in column

check out data, auto-filter;