-   -   I need a macro that will change the color of a cell #1 when a Y o. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309224-i-need-macro-will-change-color-cell-1-when-y-o.html)

Pete McCOsh

I need a macro that will change the color of a cell #1 when a Y o.

David,

do you definitely need a macro for this, as the same
result could be achieved using conditional formatting.

If we assume you want B1 to go red when A1 = Y: go to the
Format menu Conditional Formatting.

From the dropdown select "Formula Is", then type =A1="Y";
select the "Format" button and choose the conditions you
require.

If you really want a macro to do this, post back.

Cheers, Pete