-   -   Lat & Long to V&H (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309158-lat-long-v-h.html)

Bill[_26_]

Lat & Long to V&H

I am looking for an Excel formula that I can use to convert Longitude
& Latitude to Vertical & Horizontal Coordinates? If you are not
aware, Vertical & Horizontal (V&H) Coordinates are used by the Bell
Operating Companies to help determine airline miles between Central
Offices.

Thanks,

Bill

Kieran[_51_]

Lat & Long to V&H

Bill,

Could this page be a pointer in the right direction?

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.ht

Bill[_26_]

Lat & Long to V&H

Kieran, what you pointed me to is what I found but I now need to
convert Lon & Lat to V & H. Any idea?

Thanks,

Bill

Kieran wrote in message ...
Bill,

Could this page be a pointer in the right direction?

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/latlong.htm

---

drbobsled

Lat & Long to V&H

By V&H do you mean UTM coordinates (metres or feet)?

Kenneth Cruikshank at Portland State University has an excellent (pun
intended) work sheet.

http://geomechanics.geol.pdx.edu/

I converted over 50,000 points in one spread sheet.