-   -   Yes/No Button (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/309012-yes-no-button.html)

jy

Yes/No Button

I have designed a small database for my daughter to keep
track of her golf statistics. I would like for her to be
able to either place a check mark under each hole to show
whether or not she hit the fairway, or place a yes/no drop
down box. I would then like to be able to determine a
percentage of fairways hit in another cell, based on the
hole by hole information. I do not have much experience
programming, so be gentle. Thanks in advance.

Tom Ogilvy

Yes/No Button

Select all the cells where the yes/no answer would be entered. then do
Data=Validation

select List
in the list box

yes,no

click OK

Now when she select the cell a dropdown arrow will appear. she can click on
the arrow and select one or the other.

assume these boxes are in contiguous cells B3:B11

in another cell =countif($B$3:$B$11,"yes")/9 and format as percentage.

Tom Ogilvy