-   -   Row Deletion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308689-row-deletion.html)

dan

Row Deletion

I am trying to create a macro that looks at all the data
from row 26 down and using data in column D if it does not
equal DR* or DB* delete the row.

End result all rows below 26 are deleted leaving DR* and
DB*.

...Patrick[_5_]

Row Deletion

it is possible with a automatic filter !!!
filter with db*

--
....Patrick
Quoi que vous fassiez, faites le bien .

"Dan" a écrit dans le message de
I am trying to create a macro that looks at all the data
from row 26 down and using data in column D if it does not
equal DR* or DB* delete the row.

End result all rows below 26 are deleted leaving DR* and
DB*.

GJones

Row Deletion

Hi Dan;

You can use the following;

Sub try()
'selects the first cell you want to look at
Range("A27").Select

'loop through the rows until it hits an empty cell
While Not ActiveCell = ""

If Not ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3) = "DR*" And _
Not ActiveCell.Offset(0, 3) = "DB*" Then
'if its is not one of the two desired
'values then delete the row
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveCell.EntireRow.Delete
End If
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Wend

End Sub

I am trying to create a macro that looks at all the data
from row 26 down and using data in column D if it does

not
equal DR* or DB* delete the row.

End result all rows below 26 are deleted leaving DR* and
DB*.

.

Don Guillett[_4_]

Row Deletion

something like this from the bottom up. I did not test but you get the idea
for i = cells(rows.count,"d").end(xlup).row to 26 step -1
if cells(i,"d")< "DR*" and cells(i,"d")<"DB*" then
cells(i,"d").entirerow.delete
next
--
Don Guillett