-   -   Formatting in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308649-re-formatting-cells.html)

Tom Ogilvy

Formatting in cells

Are you doing a mailmerge? If so, I think the answer to 1 would be to pad
the text with spaces and the answer to 2 would be no.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jason L" wrote in message
Hey, I have two questions. Is there any way to get tab or margin

settings
in an cell. I have a user that is putting a lot of data into Excel cells

and
will then be merging this data into a Word document.

Second question: how can I retain formatting changes in Excel after the

data
is merged into Word? Right now if I bold or italicize text in a cell, all
the formatting is lost once merged into Word.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Jason L