-   -   Excel 2000 to excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308621-excel-2000-excel-2003-a.html)

Nathalie[_3_]

Excel 2000 to excel 2003

Hi,

I have a excel file with VBA inside and it's working fine in excel
2000. But when I try it to excel 2003 I received a message like: error
1004 error defined the objet or the application and it does not work.
Could you help me.

Thank you,

Regards

Nathalie

JulieD

Excel 2000 to excel 2003

Hi

it would probably help if when you next get the message you click on the
debug button and make a note of the line in yellow ... and then type this
into a post
it could be as simple as a reference missing under tools / reference but
without knowing your code or what it does it's a bit hard to say.

Cheers
JulieD

"Nathalie" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a excel file with VBA inside and it's working fine in excel
2000. But when I try it to excel 2003 I received a message like: error
1004 error defined the objet or the application and it does not work.
Could you help me.

Thank you,

Regards

Nathalie

Frank Kabel

Excel 2000 to excel 2003

Hi
you may post the relevant code which causes this error

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message ...
Hi
you may post the relevant code which causes this error

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Nathalie" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
Hi,

I have a excel file with VBA inside and it's working fine in excel
2000. But when I try it to excel 2003 I received a message like:

error
1004 error defined the objet or the application and it does not work.
Could you help me.

Thank you,

Regards

Nathalie

Here is the code where the debug is pointing me:

'Sauvegarde des fichiers de configuration pour Actuate
Call ClearExcessRowsAndColumns
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("cimbcklg").SaveAs
Filename:="c:\cimini\cimbcklg.cim", FileFormat:=xlCurrentPlatformText
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("cimbcklg_act").SaveAs
Filename:="c:\cimini\cimbcklg_act.cim",
FileFormat:=xlCurrentPlatformText
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("general_act").SaveAs
Filename:="c:\cimini\general_act.cim",
FileFormat:=xlCurrentPlatformText
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\cimini\ciminicraftot.xls", xlWorkbook
ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True
'Application.AlertBeforeOverwriting = AlertBeforeOverwriting
'Application.DisplayAlerts = DisplayAlerts
End Sub

Thank you
Nathalie