-   -   Programming to VBE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308387-re-programming-vbe.html)

Tom Ogilvy

Programming to VBE

There is no support for that for obvious reasons (prevent a brute force
attack on the password). The only work around I have seen posted in these
groups is to use sendkeys which would be risky to say the least.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ajit" wrote in message
I am working on a situation where there are couple of hundred excel

templates
with forms , modules etc. And i need to make a global change in the code

one of the procedure. I found some valuable information at

www.cpearson.com
which helped me pragramme to the Visual basic editor.

What i am doing is : I am opening the required template, finding the
procedure which needs to be replaced , deleting that procedure and adding

new procedure with same name but different code.

All works well....except when VBE project is protected.

Could someone suggest a wayout to unprotect the project at runtime ...make
the required changes and then again protect the project before saving it.

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
--
Ajit