Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lookup external data by cell or range of cells

I have a column in excel consisting of part numbers that I
would like to extract information from a foxpro table.
For each part number in the range I want to extract
available quantity, cost, and other information from the
outside table and bring it into the excel spreadsheet. I
did this a long time ago with lotus 123 by printing the
range of cells to a file and then use a foxpro DOS prog to
extract the information from the fox table and then saved
it to a text file to be imported later into lotus. I could
probably do the same with excel, but I would like to
automate the process further by doing all in one step from
within the spreadsheet. Can anyone offer a suggestion,
thank you for any help.
Jean