-   -   macro question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308223-macro-question.html)

kev6872

macro question

Lets see, 1st I am using Excel v97 sr2.

I have a basic line chart with dates across the bottom (each date is
days from the last), and days on the left edge (2,4,6,8,ect.). I a
charting leadtime on a weekly basis.
What I would like to do run a macro after I have entered my new dat
for the week to automatically update the chart. I want to display th
latest 12 weeks on the chart. It needs to add the new date, and dro
off the oldest one.

Any ideas on how I might accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.
I am an excel novice, so I am not sure if what I am asking for is eas
to do or impossible.

Thanks,
Kevi

Tom Ogilvy

macro question

If can be done with formulas and a defined name, or you can do it with code.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=157940
XL97: How To Create a Dynamic Chart Using Visual Basic

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=183446
XL: Using Defined Names to Automatically Update a Chart Range

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=104185
XL: Using Defined Names to Automatically Update Chart Range

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=146055
Q146055 - XL: Using Visual Basic to Create a Chart Using a Dynamic Range

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213814
Q213814 - XL2000: Macro to Extract Data from a Chart

Tom Ogilvy

"kev6872 " wrote in message
Lets see, 1st I am using Excel v97 sr2.

I have a basic line chart with dates across the bottom (each date is 7
days from the last), and days on the left edge (2,4,6,8,ect.). I am
charting leadtime on a weekly basis.
What I would like to do run a macro after I have entered my new data
for the week to automatically update the chart. I want to display the
latest 12 weeks on the chart. It needs to add the new date, and drop
off the oldest one.

Any ideas on how I might accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.
I am an excel novice, so I am not sure if what I am asking for is easy
to do or impossible.

Thanks,
Kevin

---