-   -   Personal.xls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308129-personal-xls.html)

Scottmk[_25_]

Personal.xls

Hey guys...I have a problem. I'm trying to pull up an old macro that
think I stored in Personal.XLS on an old CpU. I think I rename
Personal.xls and put it under my docs. It is now on my new cpu. Th
macro runs if I open the workbook (but the workbook doesn't open).
would like to consolidate all of my macros and leave them under my ne
Personal.xls. The problem is that when I try to edit the one I a
talking about (so that I can copy it), I get the error message: "Canno
edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the unhid
command." Thanks for any help

Chip Pearson

Personal.xls

You can drop and drag modules, not individual macros, from one
project to another.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Scottmk " wrote in
message ...
One more thing, which i honestly don't know....What is the best

way to
transfer macros from workbooks to the Personal.xls. Copy and

paste, or
can you drag them in?

---

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Personal.xls

Copy and paste is pretty straight-forward, but you could even export the
module from the old workbook, and import to the new.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips