-   -   Macro Folder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308108-macro-folder.html)

Scottmk[_21_]

Macro Folder

Could someone tell me where that folder is that holds all macros?
Thanks

JulieD

Macro Folder

Hi Scott

macros can "live" in two places ... in a specific workbook (or template) -
and in this case are only available for use when the specific workbook is
open) - or in the personal macro workbook known as personal.xls - which is
a hidden file that is opened when you start excel and holds macros which can
be access by any open workbook - , if you want to locate the personal.xls on
your system just do a search for it.

Cheers
JulieD

"Scottmk " wrote in message
Could someone tell me where that folder is that holds all macros?
Thanks.

---

Scottmk[_22_]

Macro Folder

I'm looking for my XL start folder (I think) which is where I stored m
Personal.xls workbook w/macros. It was backed up on my old cpu, but
need to know where to look for it. Thanks

Frrank Stone

Macro Folder

hi,
macros are stored in the vb editor
toolsmacrosvb editor or keys alt +f11
the macro will be listed at the left in the project window.