-   -   workbook open read only without prompt (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/308071-workbook-open-read-only-without-prompt.html)

turbogoat

workbook open read only without prompt

Hello,

I an running several macro's which update a log file.
This log file is shared between the other spreadsheets.
As they could be updating the log file at the same time I am using thi
below code

logreadonly:
Workbooks.Open Filename:="J:\Collateral\Data Quality\Dail
Reports\Autorun reports\datafiles(do not edit)\log file.xls"
If ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly Then
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
Application.Wait waittime
GoTo logreadonly
End If

(waittime = 2 secs)

However, I am still getting the prompt to say that the file is open an
would I like to open it as read only or be notified.

Any Idea's on how I can stop this message ?

Le

JK

workbook open read only without prompt

Lee,

You might try Application.DisplayAlerts=False
Regards,
Jim Kobzeff
"turbogoat " wrote in message
Hello,

I an running several macro's which update a log file.
This log file is shared between the other spreadsheets.
As they could be updating the log file at the same time I am using thie
below code

logreadonly:
Workbooks.Open Filename:="J:\Collateral\Data Quality\Daily
Reports\Autorun reports\datafiles(do not edit)\log file.xls"
If ActiveWorkbook.ReadOnly Then
ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False
Application.Wait waittime
GoTo logreadonly
End If

(waittime = 2 secs)

However, I am still getting the prompt to say that the file is open and
would I like to open it as read only or be notified.

Any Idea's on how I can stop this message ?

Lee

---