-   -   Hide VB Source Code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307921-re-hide-vbulletin-source-code.html)

bigwheel[_2_]

Hide VB Source Code

You can protect your code by using the passwors protection...

Click on "Tools,VBAProject Properties" in your Visual Basic editor, then
click the protection tab.

"AvalonDave" wrote in message

Is there any way to hide the VB source code to my macro I create in an

excel
workbook so i can prevent someone from stealing my code?

Thanks,

AvalonDave

Travis

Hide VB Source Code

I have protected the view of a macro this way, but I am
having problems when another file requests this macro to
be run. Error 1004 Range of Object.

The syntax is:
Application.Run "'FileName.xls'!Import"

Is this protection causing my problem? I know the syntax
works because it did before.

Thanks,

Travis

wrote in message

Is there any way to hide the VB source code to my

macro I create in an
excel
workbook so i can prevent someone from stealing my

code?

Thanks,

AvalonDave

.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Hide VB Source Code

I don't think so. I bet there's something in the Import procedure that's
causing the error.

If you change the sub Import to a simple msgbox, I bet it works.

I'd unlock the project, and step through the code.

--

Dave Peterson