-   -   Cannot access ADO help file in VBE (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307920-cannot-access-ado-help-file-vbe.html)

augustus

Cannot access ADO help file in VBE

Hi,

I am having the following problem:
1) I tried to access the ADO link under the "What's New for Microsoft Excel
2000 Developers", but I get "Help Topic Not Available", I tried installing
the VBA Help file from Office 2000 Professional again....nothing change.
2)I' m trying a new way to connect to a database, e.g.;
New:
Dim objConn As ADODB.Connection
Set objConn = New ADODB.Connection

Old:
Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Conection")
Conn.Open strDB

I checked the Reference, the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7
Library has got a tick. But I get "User-defined type not defined" for the new
method, why?????????

I can't use ADODB object why?

Hope this info help: Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1)
Thanks for the help in advance

Jamie Collins

Cannot access ADO help file in VBE

"augustus" wrote ...

Dim objConn As ADODB.Connection
Set objConn = New ADODB.Connection

I checked the Reference, the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7
Library has got a tick. But I get "User-defined type not defined" for the new
method, why?????????

Look at the classes in the Object Browser: you've referenced ADOR
rather than ADODB. Try checking ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library.

Jamie.