-   -   Date formating problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307835-date-formating-problem.html)

Kiknadze Lado

Date formating problem

Dear All,

I have date formating problem in Excel.
I'm exporting data from QuickBooks application to Excel and after this I
want to reformat Date column in Excel sheet.
When I select cells with date I see that it has format Text which I can't
change. When I choose another format then cell view stays same.
I found following way: 1. Select all cells with Date. 2. Edit-Clear-Format.
3. Doing operation F2-Enter for each cell.
I'm wondering how I can do same things more quickly without F2-Enter
operation for each cell.

Best wishes,
Lado

Kiknadze Lado

Date formating problem

It's great. Thank you Tom.

Best wishes,
Lado

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
select column
Edit-Clear-Format
do Data=Text to columns and select fixed width. Put the line on the

right
of the data so it will not be split.

OK through the dialog.

This will do the equivalent of F2'ing each cell.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kiknadze Lado" wrote in message
Dear All,

I have date formating problem in Excel.
I'm exporting data from QuickBooks application to Excel and after this I
want to reformat Date column in Excel sheet.
When I select cells with date I see that it has format Text which I

can't
change. When I choose another format then cell view stays same.
I found following way: 1. Select all cells with Date. 2.

Edit-Clear-Format.
3. Doing operation F2-Enter for each cell.
I'm wondering how I can do same things more quickly without F2-Enter
operation for each cell.

Best wishes,
Lado

Tom Ogilvy