-   -   Preventing User Access to VB code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307796-preventing-user-access-vbulletin-code.html)

halem2[_13_]

Preventing User Access to VB code

Hi:

is there a way to prevent user access (password?) to the VB code in an
Excel workbook?

I have already restricted the tool bars and menu but I would like to
prevent users from trying to see the VB code.

thanks

---

ijb[_2_]

Preventing User Access to VB code

Right-click the module you want to protect, select VBAProject properties.
Select the protection tab and type a password in the box.

--
If I've mis-understood the question please tell me.

HTH

ijb

Remove nospam from my e-mail address to talk direct

Not MCSD, MVP, TLA, P&P, PCMCIA, etc just trying to help

"halem2 " wrote in message
Hi:

is there a way to prevent user access (password?) to the VB code in an
Excel workbook?

I have already restricted the tool bars and menu but I would like to
prevent users from trying to see the VB code.

thanks

---

JE McGimpsey

Preventing User Access to VB code

You've been given an answer for how to password protect you code.
However, you should know that this password protection provides only a
slight amount of real protection.

Anyone with enough gumption to find these newsgroups can find multiple
ways to bypass your restrictions. Usually with only a few seconds' work.

Excel's internal protection isn't worthy of the name. Instead, you may
want to consider protecting your code by including it in a compiled COM
add-in.