-   -   Validatio Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307763-validatio-problem.html)

halem2[_12_]

Validatio Problem

I received the following answer from Greg Jones but I'm having a proble
passing the actual entered value to the cell. The pop up box pops u
and I'm able to type the value, which it validates but it does no
input the value in the cell. This is Greg's answer

Hi Halem2;

Use this:

Sub try()

Dim Message, Title, Default, MyValue
Message = "Enter a number that has 5 characters" ' Set
prompt.
Title = "InputBox Demo" ' Set title.
Default = "12345" ' Set default.

' Display message, title, and default value.
MyValue = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)

If Not IsNumeric(MyValue) Or Not Len(MyValue) = 5 Then
MsgBox "you can't do that"

Thanks Greg for your help

Tom Ogilvy

Validatio Problem

Sub try()

Dim Message, Title, Default, MyValue
Message = "Enter a number that has 5 characters" ' Set
prompt.
Title = "InputBox Demo" ' Set title.

' Display message, title, and default value.
MyValue = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)

If Not IsNumeric(MyValue) Or Not Len(MyValue) = 5 Then
MsgBox "you can't do that"
Else
Range("B9").Value = MyValue

Tom Ogilvy

"halem2 " wrote in message
I received the following answer from Greg Jones but I'm having a problem
passing the actual entered value to the cell. The pop up box pops up
and I'm able to type the value, which it validates but it does not
input the value in the cell. This is Greg's answer

Hi Halem2;

Use this:

Sub try()

Dim Message, Title, Default, MyValue
Message = "Enter a number that has 5 characters" ' Set
prompt.
Title = "InputBox Demo" ' Set title.

' Display message, title, and default value.
MyValue = InputBox(Message, Title, Default)

If Not IsNumeric(MyValue) Or Not Len(MyValue) = 5 Then
MsgBox "you can't do that"

Thanks Greg for your help.

---