-   -   the anatomy of a nestled condition (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307681-anatomy-nestled-condition.html)

farsta_online

the anatomy of a nestled condition

I ask if someone can discribe how to build a nestled condition in excel.
I know how a singel condition looks:
IF(c;b;d) there c = condition, b = if a is true, d = if a is false
But how about a nestled?
Let say I have 3 conditions c1 (b1, d1)
c2 (b2, d2)
c3 (b3, d3)

How should the formula in D3 look like?
And how should it look like a) if b = another condition?
b) if c = another condition?

And is there a easy way to know how condition 4,5, 6 shoud be added?

All help weŽll be appriciated
/Peter

Harald Staff

the anatomy of a nestled condition

=IF(A11000000,"Rich",IF(A110000,"OK",IF(A1=0,"n o debt","Bankrupt")))

You can only nest 7 conditions in one such thing.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"farsta_online" skrev i melding
om...
I ask if someone can discribe how to build a nestled condition in excel.
I know how a singel condition looks:
IF(c;b;d) there c = condition, b = if a is true, d = if a is false
But how about a nestled?
Let say I have 3 conditions c1 (b1, d1)
c2 (b2, d2)
c3 (b3, d3)

How should the formula in D3 look like?
And how should it look like a) if b = another condition?
b) if c = another condition?

And is there a easy way to know how condition 4,5, 6 shoud be added?

All help weŽll be appriciated
/Peter

Peter L

the anatomy of a nestled condition