-   -   Hiding Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307674-hiding-formulas.html)

jdy

Hiding Formulas

I have a total column of a quote form that multiplies the
quantity column X the unit price column. It works fine
except that each of the total column rows says that are
blank say "#value" in each of them. I would like for the
total column to be blank except for the rows that have
product entries in them. Thanks for the help in advance.

David C.

Hiding Formulas

I'm surprised because it's supposed to write "0" but whatever:

try to use a function like isempty() it should be enought
(with or without code...)

PS/ the newsgroup .programming wasn't supposed to be about VBA ?

JE McGimpsey

Hiding Formulas

Assuming quantity is in column A and unit price in column B, one way:

C1: =IF(COUNT(B1:C1)<2,"",B1*C1)