-   -   Help Please - User Database (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307644-help-please-user-database.html)

Simple_Simon

Help Please - User Database

Can Anybody please Help?
I am developing a moderate spreadsheet for use at my work
which will be for other people to use, now on my welcome
screen i would like the people who use this file to enter
thier names (into a list/combo box) so that it
automatically updates the rest of the worksheets within
the workbook.
I have also created a worksheet within the workbook and
called it UserDatabase, what i would like to do is for
the list/combo box to update the userdatabase sheet if a
new person enters thier name and also be able to have the
option from a list, to select your name if you have used
the file before and entered your name previously.
I will have about 30 worksheets within the workbook and
require the name in use to be linked to all of them.

Best Rgds Simon Scott

Debra Dalgleish

Help Please - User Database

There's a sample file here that uses Data Validation to provide a
dropdown list, or type a new item and it will be added to the list:

Under the heading 'Data Validation', look for 'Update Validation List'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List