-   -   Protecting / Hiding the Code (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307595-protecting-hiding-code.html)

DBAL[_5_]

Protecting / Hiding the Code

Hey everyone, I need to find out how to hide the VB code
behind an Excel Workbook. Is it possible to protect it
via password? Can the code be made inaccessible to the
users? Please advise

DBAL

Frank Kabel

Protecting / Hiding the Code

Hi
in the VBA editor right-click on your project name, choose VBA
properties and assign a password.

Note: This kind of protection is very weak. There's no way to really
protect VBA code.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"DBAL" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hey everyone, I need to find out how to hide the VB code
behind an Excel Workbook. Is it possible to protect it
via password? Can the code be made inaccessible to the
users? Please advise

DBAL

Chip Pearson

Protecting / Hiding the Code

In VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose VBA Project Properties then
the Protection tab. There, check the "Lock project for viewing"
option and enter a password.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"DBAL" wrote in message
Hey everyone, I need to find out how to hide the VB code
behind an Excel Workbook. Is it possible to protect it
via password? Can the code be made inaccessible to the
users? Please advise

DBAL

DBAL[_3_]

Protecting / Hiding the Code

Thanks a million. When I was in there looking at what
Frank said I saw that. Thanks again! It works.

"DBAL" wrote in message
Hey everyone, I need to find out how to hide the VB

code
behind an Excel Workbook. Is it possible to protect it
via password? Can the code be made inaccessible to the
users? Please advise

DBAL

.

DBAL[_3_]

Protecting / Hiding the Code

Thanks alot man. That was the ticket! DBAL