-   -   Make a built-in toolbar permanently not visible (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307453-make-built-toolbar-permanently-not-visible.html)

R Avery

Make a built-in toolbar permanently not visible

I have my toolbars set up the way I like them, and the Reviewing toolbar
is not part of them. However, often when I open up excel files from
other people, the Reviewing toolbar pops up. I had created an addin
with an application event trapper that would trap the OnWorkbookOpen
event and make the reviewing toolbar.visible=false. This works, but
there is a problem with it; whenever I am debugging something and it
breaks, the add-in is no longer able to trap the application level
events. I do not know why, so I cannot fix it.

Is there any other way to ensure that a toolbar never popups? If no one
can think of a way, I will probably end up writing a VB6 dll to do it -
they do not suddenly break because i am debugging in VBA. Any help
would be appreciated.

Tom Ogilvy

Make a built-in toolbar permanently not visible

When you instantiate application level events, you create a global variable.
When an error occurs while debugging I assume you hit the reset button which
clears that variable.

Tom Ogilvy

"R Avery" wrote in message
I have my toolbars set up the way I like them, and the Reviewing toolbar
is not part of them. HoweWhever, often when I open up excel files from
other people, the Reviewing toolbar pops up. I had created an addin
with an application event trapper that would trap the OnWorkbookOpen
event and make the reviewing toolbar.visible=false. This works, but
there is a problem with it; whenever I am debugging something and it
breaks, the add-in is no longer able to trap the application level
events. I do not know why, so I cannot fix it.

Is there any other way to ensure that a toolbar never popups? If no one
can think of a way, I will probably end up writing a VB6 dll to do it -
they do not suddenly break because i am debugging in VBA. Any help
would be appreciated.

R Avery

Make a built-in toolbar permanently not visible

I see. I have tried setting the global variable to nothing and then
setting it back to Application, the events still don't fire.

In fact, even if i unload and reload the add-in that traps these events,
it still can't trap them.