-   -   Calling Solver from an Excel 2003 Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307438-calling-solver-excel-2003-macro.html)

expatgr

Calling Solver from an Excel 2003 Macro

When I use Solver manually in my spreadsheet it works as
expected. When I call it from a macro, I get an VBA
error saying that a subroutine or function is not
referenced. When I go to Tools - References I can't
find Solver.XLA in the tick box list of Addins. Does
anyone know how to force Excel to update this list, to
include the Solver Addin?

Tom Ogilvy

Calling Solver from an Excel 2003 Macro

You have to go to the VBE and go to tools=references, find solver in the
list and click the box to select it.

http://support.microsoft.com/support...ver/solver.asp
Creating Visual Basic Macros that Use Microsoft Excel Solver

or to do it in VBA (post by Dana DeLouis)
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...gp13 .phx.gbl

Sub SolverInstall()
'// Dana DeLouis
Dim wb As Workbook

On Error Resume Next
' Set a Reference to the workbook that will hold Solver
Set wb = ActiveWorkbook

With wb.VBProject.References
.Remove .Item("SOLVER")
End With

With AddIns("Solver Add-In")
.Installed = False
.Installed = True
wb.VBProject.References.AddFromFile .FullName
End With

Tom Ogilvy