-   -   New Line Character (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307323-new-line-character.html)

JohnBon

New Line Character

Hi

I'm producing delimited text files that are to be imported into Excel.
Is there something that I could write to force Excel to make a
carriage return? Like writing \n or similar in the textfile.

/Johnbon

Tom Ogilvy

New Line Character

You mean so that excel will read the file and put separate lines on separate
rows.

It should do that automatically. It will see the end of line as being
marked by two characters a Carriage Return and LineFeed combination.

This is the windows standard. I don't recall what the Unix standard is - it
is either the Carriage return alone or the linefeed alone (I believe LF).
In any event, I believe Excel will also treat this as a newline indicator.

Tom Ogilvy

"JohnBon" wrote in message
om...
Hi

I'm producing delimited text files that are to be imported into Excel.
Is there something that I could write to force Excel to make a
carriage return? Like writing \n or similar in the textfile.

/Johnbon

JohnBon

New Line Character

Hej

Yes, but I dont' want the text file to have visible Carriage Returns.
It would be better if I just could write some character like \n or
vbCRLF. Is it possible?

/Johnbon