-   -   excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307291-excel.html)

Joe[_33_]

excel

I'm trying ro create a check list in excel. My objective is to be
able to check off items that I have placed on a list, automaticly, by
re-entering their item # and placing a check mark by them as I
continue. Can this be done and if so how?

Frank Kabel

excel

Hi
lets assume your list is in A1:A1000 and you enter your
data in column C. Enter the following formula in B1:
=IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$1000),"X","")
and copy this down for all rows

.