-   -   Macros incompatible for different versions? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307264-macros-incompatible-different-versions.html)

aiyer[_43_]

Macros incompatible for different versions?

Hello all!

A quick qn.
I have Excel 2003 in my PC and I built menu bars, with toolbar
attached to the menu bars, in a certain workbook.
The toolbars are in turn assigned to specific macros. (some of thes
macros were recorded in personal.xls).

I copied the workbook (along with the personal.xls, which stores som
macros as mentioned above) and the *.xlb file from my PC to a second P
that has Excel 2002 loaded in it.

Here is where I copied the personal.xls and the Excel11.xlb file to i
the new PC .

C:\Documents and Settings\aiyer\Applicatio
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

But now when I try to execute the macros in the new PC, I am getting
message 'multiple personal.xls files are open'.
There is only one personal.xls file (copied from my PC) in the new P
and it is still giving me the error.

The same thing I tried in another PC, where Excel 2003 is loaded and i
works just fine. (I have Excel 2003 in my PC as mentioned earlier).

Am I missing anything here? Would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks a bunch.

Regds,

Arun.

Vtec corp