-   -   Autocalculation settings when multiple spreadsheets open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307263-autocalculation-settings-when-multiple-spreadsheets-open.html)

Bryan Linton

Autocalculation settings when multiple spreadsheets open

I've created a spreadsheet that turns off autocalculation when it opens. A
user recently noticed that when that spreadsheet is open, autocalculation is
also turned off for any other open spreadsheets. Is there a simple way
around this, or do we need to simply teach our users to live with this fact
and work around it by opening and closing spreadsheets as needed? I don't
think it's possible to have different options set for simultaneously open
spreadsheets, but I figured I'd check here just in case.

Thanks,

Bryan

Norman Jones

Autocalculation settings when multiple spreadsheets open

Hi Bryan,

I've created a spreadsheet that turns off autocalculation when it opens

Try, instead, setting calculation to manual when the workbook is activated
and restoring calculation to automatic when another workbook is activated.

In the workbook's ThisWorkbook module paste the following :

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
End

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
End

---
Regards,
Norman

"Bryan Linton" wrote in message
I've created a spreadsheet that turns off autocalculation when it opens.

user recently noticed that when that spreadsheet is open, autocalculation

is
also turned off for any other open spreadsheets. Is there a simple way
around this, or do we need to simply teach our users to live with this

fact
and work around it by opening and closing spreadsheets as needed? I don't
think it's possible to have different options set for simultaneously open
spreadsheets, but I figured I'd check here just in case.

Thanks,

Bryan

Norman Jones

Autocalculation settings when multiple spreadsheets open

Hi Bryan,

In each Sub replace

End

with