-   -   Excel VBA- If Then statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307229-excel-vba-if-then-statement.html)

tam76131

Excel VBA- If Then statement

Please help. I need to write a couple lines of codes in excel to tel
the worksheet if it's month 1,2,3 then place a certain in qtr1, if th
month number is 4,5,6 then place the value in qtr2. I don' think it'
too complicated but being new to vba.....i'm helpless....thanks for al
your help.

Tam

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Excel VBA- If Then statement

Do you mean in VBA?

This returns the qtr of the current date

int((month(date)-1)/ 3)+1

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"tam76131 " wrote in message
Please help. I need to write a couple lines of codes in excel to tell
the worksheet if it's month 1,2,3 then place a certain in qtr1, if the
month number is 4,5,6 then place the value in qtr2. I don' think it's
too complicated but being new to vba.....i'm helpless....thanks for all
your help.

Tami

---

K Dales

Excel VBA- If Then statement

The Select Case statement is designed for this type
of "multiple condition 'if'"

Select Case MonthNo
Case 1, 2, 3
qtr1 = .....
Case 4, 5, 6
qtr2 = ....
Case 7, 8, 9
qtr3 = ...
Case Else
qtr4 = ...
End Select

Please help. I need to write a couple lines of codes in

excel to tell
the worksheet if it's month 1,2,3 then place a certain in

qtr1, if the
month number is 4,5,6 then place the value in qtr2. I

don' think it's
too complicated but being new to vba.....i'm

helpless....thanks for all
your help.

Tami

---

.

Myrna Larson

Excel VBA- If Then statement

For another possibility (not the best, IMO)

=DatePart("Q",DateSerial(2004,MonthNo,1))

The best, I think, is the first suggestion you got.